Are you interested in earning a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)? There are many perks associated with this degree including career advancement, higher pay, and roles with increased responsibilities.
Nurses can pursue educational, leadership, and management roles with an MSN. Said roles include:
- Educator – they’re responsible for training nursing staff and students. They may either work in a hospital or educational setting.
- Practitioner – these nurses serve as a primary care provider for patients of all ages.
- Midwife – midwives care for pregnant women during labor and delivery. They can also provide prenatal and postpartum care.
- Anesthesiologist – these nurses administer anesthesia and monitor patients under anesthetics and during recovery.
- Director of Nursing – Directors oversee a nursing unit, manage nursing staff members, and establish procedures.
Whichever career path you choose, the road will be rewarding!